- 97 pages
- Engaging story captures readers' attention
- Emphasis on continuous reading
- Hone grammar, vocab, and comprehension with the workbook
Designed to keep your students reading and reflecting in French! La Maison d’Oncle Max builds a strong foundation for independent reading in the target language. Students develop the skills of approaching a text actively: spotting cognates, detecting English roots, and learning meanings through context.
In La Maison d’Oncle Max , we meet the characters in Paris during their rendition of “Vive Les Vacances!” Summer vacation has just begun, and “les cinq” are headed for the South of France, but odd things keep happening. Chasing clues wherever they may lead, the sleuths introduce your students to geography, history, culture, and new vocabulary as they try to solve the mysteries: Where is Uncle Max? And why are they being followed? Simple syntax, humor, lively dialogues, and an engaging cast of characters make this an accessible French narrative!
The supplemental Cahier d’Activités hones grammar, comprehension, and vocabulary with exercises for every chapter. Additional activities include compositions, oral work, timelines, and internet research.
- Print softcover - with lightweight, full color pages that learners can write on!
- FlexText - an ebook that matches the print version, page by page. Ebook pages allow for highlighting and note taking. Teachers will also receive access to an Instructional Strategies Toolkit in the Learning Site, packed with activities that can be filtered by communication mode, task type, grade, proficiency level, Bloom's Taxonomy, and more.