- 115 pages
Nearly 5,000 years ago, a powerful empire emerged from the fertile silt along the Nile. Colossal temples and monuments rose from the surrounding desert plateaus and valleys. Miraculously preserved human bodies were sealed away with untold riches in hidden tombs. Strange markings, the archaic symbols of an advanced civilization revealed powerful gods, kings, and warriors.
Get ready to uncover the incredible secrets of ancient Egypt:
- How were Mummies prepared for their epic journey into the afterlife? The bizarre rituals and grisly methods of ancient embalming may shock you!
- How in the world could such an early civilization engineer and erect gargantuan monuments like the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx, or the temple at Karnak?
- Evidence shows that Egyptians accurately predicted eclipses, floods and even created the first solar calendar to record the passage of time.
- What happened when then when someone got sick, broke a bone, or got a cavity? Ancient Egyptians were among the first physicians, but often their cures were just as life-threatening!
The Story of Ancient Egypt explores over 3,000 years of Egyptian history, from the early development of farming communities to the soaring temples and monuments of New Kingdom imperial Egypt.
Each chapter is followed by a short quiz, additional discussion points, and suggested activities to delve further into the mysteries of Egypt.
- Print softcover - with lightweight, full color pages that learners can write on!
- FlexText - an ebook that matches the print version, page by page. Ebook pages allow for highlighting and note taking. Teachers will also receive access to an Instructional Strategies Toolkit in the Learning Site, packed with activities that can be filtered by communication mode, task type, grade, proficiency level, Bloom's Taxonomy, and more.