- 175 pages
Transport your classroom back through the ages to the magnificent heights of ancient Arabia explore the long and storied history, revered holy lands and sacred traditions of the Islamic faith and culture through the Middle Ages and the early Renaissance.
- Visit the Islamic holy land of Mecca, the bustling Muslim metropolis of Cordoba, Baghdad’s enlightened House of Wisdom and the world famous center of Islamic religious studies: Cairo.
- Discover the hallowed teachings of Mohammad, the rituals and practices of the faith, the origins and religious tenets of the Quran and the Five Pillars of Islam.
- Follow the spread of the world’s fastest growing religion from Muhammad’s teachings in Mecca and Cordoba through the vast proliferation via the Ottoman Empire to the split between Sunni and Shi’ite denominations of Islam.
Come and see how Islam began the world’s second largest religion and its faithful came to break landmark scientific discoveries and shape art and architecture on a scale still evident to this day. Take your students on an epic journey through time to discover the grand history and culture of Islam!
- Print softcover - with lightweight, full color pages that learners can write on!
- FlexText - an ebook that matches the print version, page by page. Ebook pages allow for highlighting and note taking. Teachers will also receive access to an Instructional Strategies Toolkit in the Learning Site, packed with activities that can be filtered by communication mode, task type, grade, proficiency level, Bloom's Taxonomy, and more.