- Created using backward design
- A focus on intercultural communicative competence
- Authentic video blogs from Spanish-speaking teens
- Performance-based assessments
- Addresses World-Readiness Standards' five C's
- Introduces AP®/IB themes
- Annotated Teacher Edition
- Overlapping units between levels
The EntreCulturas 1A /1B program is all about teaching novice students the Spanish language through the lens of interculturality, so they can discover appropriate ways to interact with others whose perspectives may be different from their own. This special two-book offering offers a slower pace designed for middle school or alternative scheduling.
In level 1A and 1B, students build the language skills, personal attitudes, and cultural insights necessary to experience life "entre culturas," using Spanish to connect with people. Students learn grammar and vocabulary both inductively and deductively.
The focus of assessment in this program measures what students can do with the language they have learned through IPAs. Analytic and holistic rubrics accompany this textbook so teachers can stay on track.
What People Are Saying
Complete the EntreCulturas program online with The Learning Site!
- FlexText - an online version of the textbook that connects to Explorer content
- Explorer - offering all the resources, activities you need!
- Extensive collection of authentic images, text, audios, and videos
- Activities and exercises to expand knowledge
- Teacher resources, rubrics, and more
- Student portfolio where learners can upload evidence to support Can-Do Statements
- The Learning Site supports most classroom tech - from an iOS app to integration and rostering options. Check out The Learning Site page for details.