- 536 pages (includes a Prep 4 Success Unit)
- 31 PDF files including extension activities
- Audio recording available
- Teacher's guide with strategies and extension activities
Esmeralda is a tiny baby turtle who struggles against all odds to avoid the many pitfalls that she encounters between her nest and the sea. With a lot of support from helpful human and animal friends, Esmeralda is ready to begin the long search for her mother. Join Esmeralda on a perilous and exciting marine adventure!
The low unique word count and high frequency factor (the number of times core structures are embedded in the text) in the Comprehension-based™ reader, ‘Esmeralda, la tortuguita marina’, make this an ideal comprehension-based™ reader for beginning Spanish students. Each page is loaded with cognates (words that are similar in English and Spanish), recycled vocabulary, and illustrations, which makes this read highly comprehensible. Enjoy the story! The more you enjoy it, the more you will acquire Spanish without even realizing it! We hope you enjoy reading your way to FLUENCY!
Get more out of your reader with the online Esmerelda resources!
- FlexText - an online version of the textbook that connects to Explorer content
- Student edition - includes audio book
- Teacher edition- includes audio book and
- 536 pages of extensive strategies and resources
- The Learning Site supports most classroom tech - from an iOS app to integration and rostering options. Check out The Learning Site page for details.