Join the Wayside Team
Project Manager, IT
Freeport, ME or Remote
Wayside Publishing is a progressive developer of world language programs, resources, and materials for middle and high schools across the United States. We partner with educators to craft transformative texts and digital tools that engage students and foster successful communication and understanding across cultures. If you seek a varied and fast-paced environment and possess a strong mix of applicable skills, we'd like to hear from you.
About this job
At Wayside Publishing, we have set highly ambitious goals for our company that will require close collaboration across a wide array of functions and teams. As the Technical Project Manager for our Information Technology organization, you will lead complex, mission-critical technical initiatives to successful outcomes, partnering with leadership and cross-departmental stakeholders to drive their vision. Your work will directly contribute to Wayside Publishing's growth as a disruptive educational technology company.
You'll be charting a course with milestones, influencing & supporting individuals across teams to hit goals, and balancing robust risk tactics against the need for speed and quality. We'll count on your judgment and understanding of how people and teams achieve goals and rely on you to guide prioritization and planning. You'll bring a keen and deep understanding of project management. You will be reporting to the Senior Information Technology Manager, who will support you with a vision of success and the business challenges & hard questions that grow careers.
Most importantly, be ready to inspire your colleagues with how your project management aptitude can enable them to achieve their goals with minimal turbulence.
Information Technology - ,
Wayside Publishing is looking for a Financial Analyst to help with the financial planning and analysis of our business. We are looking for someone with solid aptitude, a positive attitude, and at least 5 years of experience.
To succeed in this role, you will need strong quantitative skills, expert problem-solving abilities, adeptness in the use of logic, above-average communication skills, and a big-picture understanding of how your role fits in our organization. Additionally, we are looking for someone who can adapt to the continual change inherent in a rapidly growing company.
Your day-to-day work involves gathering information, assembling spreadsheets, writing reports, and developing opinions based on financial analysis. This position reports to the President of the company. In addition to a competitive salary, Wayside Publishing provides a professional environment that balances productivity with a healthy work-life culture.
- Perform financial forecasting reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Report on financial performance and prepare and create recommendations to be presented for regular executive leadership reviews.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with accounting to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Develop financial models to support valuation, planning, and forecasting.
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and dashboards.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps.
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
- Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes.
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions, and trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Finance - Freeport, ME
Wayside Publishing is a progressive developer of world language programs, resources, and materials for middle and high schools across the United States. We believe inspired, empathetic learnings can change the world. We partner with educators to craft transformative texts and digital tools that engage students and foster successful communication and understanding across cultures. If you seek a varied and fast-paced environment and possess a strong mix of applicable skills, we’d like to hear from you.
Information Technology - ,
World Language Developmental Editor
As the World Language Developmental Editor, you will oversee and drive the development of a portfolio of core and supplemental World Language projects. This key role will direct stakeholders through the product development process to build upon Wayside’s unique and groundbreaking educational solutions (print and digital). This role is varied and fast-paced. You will be responsible for getting our products to market efficiently, on-schedule, and on budget. Leveraging project management skills and tools you will work closely with Curriculum Coordinators to provide guidance and leadership to authors, contractors (editors, audio studio, animators, permission coordinators, etc.), and key internal teams to ensure that all print and digital materials adhere to Wayside’s pedagogical, design, and editorial standards.
Editorial - ,
Wayside Publishing is offering an opportunity for experienced and passionate world language educators to transition their classroom skills into a new setting as a member of our Instructional Development Team. As an Instructional Strategist, you'll work closely with world language teachers as they make instructional shifts to implement Wayside Publishing's proficiency-driven, standards-aligned language learning programs that have interculturality at the heart. In-depth knowledge of and experience with implementing standards-based, world language instruction are critical for this position. Your new colleagues will be our distinguished list of presenters and curriculum coordinators. Working with product development, IT, and marketing staff, you'll empower teachers to make instructional shifts to teach for proficiency. Most importantly, you'll be directly involved in expanding the adoption of proficiency-based language education around the country and having a voice in the pedagogical vision of Wayside Publishing.
This is a full-time, remote position with frequent (up to 50%) travel throughout the US.
Instructional Development - ,