- Authentic audio-visual and print resources from over thirty Francophone cultures around the world
- Proficiency-based with a focus on intercultural communicative competence
- Six thematic units leading with essential questions and incorporating AP® Global themes and IB themes
- Unit-embedded Can-Do statements and an online Mon dossier to track performance
- Integrated Performance Assessments (IPAs)
- Annotated Teacher Edition
- Online Explorer course for student and teacher support
The standards-based EntreCultures program is all about increasing French language proficiency and cultural competency for novice through intermediate students through the lens of interculturality. Students discover appropriate ways to interact with others whose perspectives may be different from their own by exploring the lives of real people from the entire francophone world.
In level 2, learners develop the language proficiency, personal attitudes, and cultural insights necessary to experience life entre cultures using French to connect with people and their own community. Vocabulary and grammar are presented in context. The online Explorer® provides all audio-visual resources, scaffolding, vocabulary, and grammar reinforcement, including flipped classroom videos, with all activities tied to the Mon dossier to upload performance evidence.
EntreCultures 2 supports teachers in assessing what learners can do with the language they have acquired through three differentiated formative performance-based assessments and a summative IPA per unit. IPA-specific, analytic, and holistic performance rubrics accompany this series in print and online, so teachers and students can stay on track.
The educator author team considered a variety of learner and educator styles in the backward design of the series. Content include IB and AP® task types and themes without compromising on our commitment to empowering each learner to communicate in the real world. Units are clearly organized with ample print and online student and teacher support, with instructional strategies and support offered in the textbook, on the Learning Site, and in a constantly growing community of proficiency practitioners.
Please contact (888) 302-2519 or email email@example.com to start planning how you can incorporate EntreCultures into your classroom.
Take a quick look at EntreCultures:
Want to learn more? Check out this expanded overview:
Also visit our YouTube channel for dozens of video overviews, testimonials, and closer looks at the program pedagogy, instructional strategies, and Learning Site tools.
What People Are Saying
Complete the EntreCultures program online with The Learning Site!
- FlexText® - an online version of the textbook that connects to Explorer content
- Explorer® - offering all the resources, activities you need!
- Extensive collection of authentic images, text, audios, and videos
- Activities and exercises to expand knowledge
- Teacher resources, rubrics, and more
- Student portfolio where learners can upload evidence to support Can-Do Statements
- The Learning Site supports most classroom tech - from an iOS app to integration and rostering options. Check out The Learning Site page for details.