- Helps students become fluent readers
- Classroom-tested strategies focus on areas where students struggle most
- Prepares students for sight-reading on the AP® Latin Exam
- Includes AP® style practice tasks
Scandite Muros is an ancillary program that readies students to scale the ever-intimidating "wall of Latin." Use the classroom-tested strategies to incorporate regular sight-reading into your Pre-AP®, AP®, and advanced Latin classes.
From verb endings to participles to subjunctives, each chapter takes on the toughest elements of Latin and makes them accessible and compelling to every student through effective learning strategies, AP®-style multiple choice questions, and passage-specific vocabulary lists.
Students will learn to identify different genres by spotting trends in verbs, various lyric meters, prose types, and more. Applying English word order rules helps students make judgements about word order while reading.
Sight-readings included in the text are broken down into manageable sections designed to accompany required AP® selections of Vergil and Caesar. Use each passage to elicit further discussion on genre, authorial styles, and historical influences.
What People Are Saying
Scandite Muros Explorer
Complete the Scandite Muros program online with Explorer:
- Integrated activities and resources
- Learners can make audio recordings of sight-readings
- Learners can hear Latin spoken aloud
- Additional vocabulary lists with flash cards and matching exercises