- Created using backward design
- A focus on intercultural communicative competence
- Authentic video blogs from Spanish-speaking teens
- Performance-based assessments
- Addresses World-Readiness Standards' five C's
- Introduces AP®/IB themes
- Annotated Teacher Edition
The proficiency driven EntreCulturas program is all about teaching novice to intermediate students the Spanish language through the lens of interculturality, so they can discover appropriate ways to interact with others whose perspectives may be different from their own.
Level 2 recycles grammar, vocabulary, and culture with the content introduced and practiced in Level 1, and leverages communicative practice and comprehensible input strategies so that learners can acquire new vocabulary and grammar in context.
Each unit opens with essential questions, objectives expressed communicatively, and a short review section that explicitly shows students what they are expected to know in terms of vocabulary and grammar. Learners and educators are provided with numerous supports that make communicative tasks around authentic resources, formative checks, and summative IPAs feel natural and individualized. The online Explorer® provides all audio-visual resources, scaffolding, vocabulary, and grammar reinforcement, including flipped classroom videos, with all activities tied to an online portfolio to upload performance evidence.
The educator-author team considered a variety of learner and educator styles in the backwards design of the series. The program integrates all of the 2017 ACTFL World Readiness Standards, and aligns with or exceeds every state's language standards. Content includes IB and AP® task types and themes without compromising on our commitment to empower each learner to communicate in the real world. Units are clearly organized with ample strategies and support offered in the textbook, on the Learning Site, and in a constantly growing community of proficiency practitioners.
Want to learn more? Check out the EntreCulturas YouTube playlist, featuring overviews, testimonials, and closer looks at the program pedagogy, instructional strategies, and EntreCulturas Learning Site tools.
Please contact (888) 302-2519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning how you can incorporate EntreCulturas into your classroom.
What People Are Saying
Complete the EntreCulturas program online with The Learning Site!
- FlexText - an online version of the textbook that connects to Explorer content
- Explorer - offering all the resources, activities you need!
- Extensive collection of authentic images, text, audios, and videos
- Activities and exercises to expand knowledge
- Teacher resources, rubrics, and more
- Student portfolio where learners can upload evidence to support Can-Do Statements
- The Learning Site supports most classroom tech - from an iOS app to integration and rostering options. Check out The Learning Site page for details.