- Created using backward design
- A focus on intercultural communicative competence
- Authentic video blogs from Spanish-speaking teens
- Performance-based assessments
- Addresses World-Readiness Standards' five C's
- Introduces AP®/IB themes
- Annotated Teacher Edition
The EntreCulturas program is all about teaching novice to intermediate students the Spanish language through the lens of interculturality, so they can discover appropriate ways to interact with others whose perspectives may be different from their own.
Level 3 presents project-based learning and rigorous tasks that hone learners’ skills. Learners will have the opportunity to engage with authentic texts and literature, experience IPAs with all modes of communication, reflect on knowledge learned, interact with students from different Spanish-speaking countries, and more, all while encompassing elements of AP® skills.
The educator-author team considered a variety of learner and educator styles in the backwards design of the series. The program integrates all of the 2017 ACTFL World Readiness Standards, and aligns with or exceeds every state's language standards. Content includes IB and AP® task types and themes without compromising on our commitment to empower each learner to communicate in the real world. Units are clearly organized with ample strategies and support offered in the textbook, on the Learning Site, and in a constantly growing community of proficiency practitioners.
Every level of EntreCulturas includes strength-based strategies for engaging heritage speakers. For blended courses with heritage learners of varying modality strengths, EntreCulturas 3 and 4 are packed with opportunities to empower heritage and native speakers, to identify each learner's progress, and to customize assignments and teach to the individual.
Please contact (888) 302-2519 or email email@example.com to start planning how you can incorporate EntreCulturas into your classroom.
Take a quick look at EntreCulturas:
Want to learn more? Check out this expanded overview:
Also visit our YouTube channel for dozens of video overviews, testimonials, and closer looks at the program pedagogy, instructional strategies, and Learning Site tools.
What People Are Saying
Complete the EntreCulturas program online with The Learning Site!
- FlexText - an online version of the textbook that connects to Explorer content
- Explorer - offering all the resources, activities you need!
- Extensive collection of authentic images, text, audios, and videos
- Activities and exercises to expand knowledge
- Teacher resources, rubrics, and more
- Student portfolio where learners can upload evidence to support Can-Do Statements
- The Learning Site supports most classroom tech - from an iOS app to integration and rostering options. Check out The Learning Site page for details.