- Every proficiency-driven best practice, in one program
- Strategies, supports, and resources for a variety of classrooms and learners
- An empasis on intercultural communicative competence
- Authentic video blogs from Spanish-speaking teens
- Differentiated formative IPAs throughout each unit
- Incorporation of AP® themes and task types
- Introduction to IB themes
- Annotated Teacher Edition
The EntreCulturas program is all about teaching novice to intermediate students the Spanish language through the lens of interculturality, so they can discover appropriate ways to interact with others whose perspectives may be different from their own.
Level 4 increases the rigor and frequency of vocabulary and grammar exploration, preparing students for AP® and IB level tasks.
Students have the opportunity to engage with authentic texts with an increased emphasis in level 4 on literature from around the Spanish-speaking world. In addition to summative IPAs educators and learners will be familiar with from previous levels, this pre-AP level asks learners to increasingly perform in communicative tasks through formative IPAs - two per unit! These are differentiated, with rubrics, providing opportunities for a variety of learners to grow at their own pace. Vocabulary progression tools in The Learning Site also support this level of language learner in mastering language concepts through an award-nominated approach that Wayside educator-authors created based on Bloom's Taxonomy.
As learners have done throughout EntreCulturas, in this fourth level they will be engaged to show what they can do across all modes of communication, reflect on knowledge learned, interact with students from different Spanish-speaking countries, and more.
EntreCulturas 4 will be available for the 2020-2021 school year. Please email email@example.com if you'd like to start planning how you can incorporate EntreCulturas 4 into your classroom.