- Every proficiency-driven best practice, in one program
- Strategies, supports, and resources for a variety of classrooms and learners
- An emphasis on intercultural communicative competence
- Authentic video blogs from Spanish-speaking teens
- Differentiated formative IPAs throughout each unit
- Pre-AP® - Incorporation of AP® themes and task types
- Pre-IB - Introduction to IB themes
- Supports for heritage and native speaker students
- Annotated Teacher Edition
The EntreCulturas program is all about teaching novice to intermediate students the Spanish language through the lens of interculturality, so they can discover appropriate ways to interact with others whose perspectives may be different from their own. As learners have done throughout EntreCulturas, in this fourth level they will be engaged to show what they can do across all modes of communication, reflect on knowledge learned, interact with students from different Spanish-speaking countries, and more.
Level 4 increases the rigor and frequency of vocabulary and grammar exploration, engages learners with deeper levels of communicative inquiry and literature, and prepares learners for advanced AP® or IB level study. Learners will communicate about compelling issues facing teens today around the Spanish-speaking world, referencing authentic resources and input from class exercises. In addition to summative IPAs educators and learners will be familiar with from previous levels, this pre-AP level asks learners to increasingly perform in communicative tasks through formative IPAs - two per unit! These are differentiated, with rubrics, providing opportunities for a variety of learners to grow at their own pace.
The educator-author team considered a variety of learner and educator styles in the backwards design of the series. The program integrates all of the 2017 ACTFL World Readiness Standards, and aligns with or exceeds every state's language standards. Content includes IB and AP® task types and themes without compromising on our commitment to empower each learner to communicate in the real world. Units are clearly organized with ample strategies and support offered in the textbook, on the Learning Site, and in a constantly growing community of proficiency practitioners.
Every level of EntreCulturas includes strength-based strategies for engaging heritage speakers. For blended courses with heritage learners of varying modality strengths, EntreCulturas 3 and 4 are packed with opportunities to empower heritage and native speakers, to identify each learner's progress, and to customize assignments and teach to the individual.
Take a quick look at EntreCulturas:
Want to learn more? Check out this expanded overview:
Also visit our YouTube channel for dozens of video overviews, testimonials, and closer looks at the program pedagogy, instructional strategies, and Learning Site tools.
What People Are Saying
Complete the EntreCulturas 4 program online with The Learning Site!
- FlexText - an online version of the textbook that connects to Explorer content
- Explorer - offering all the resources, activities you need!
- Extensive collection of authentic images, text, audios, and videos
- Activities and exercises to expand knowledge
- Teacher resources, rubrics, and more
- Student portfolio where learners can upload evidence to support Can-Do Statements
- The Learning Site supports most classroom tech - from an iOS app to integration and rostering options. Check out The Learning Site page for details.